Director of User Success and Education
Epistemix empowers leaders to make better decisions. Organizations use our data-science tools to manage risk, fight infectious disease, improve disaster response, adapt to climate change, compare strategies across scenarios, and better understand the people they seek to serve.
We are looking for an individual contributor to be the voice of user experience from onboarding to becoming a proficient user of our platform. This role will oversee training, user engagement, community management, outreach to academic and research organizations, and work closely with customer success and marketing. In this role, you will be expected to work with technical users to gather feedback on the product and understand how it can be improved to better address their needs. You will collaborate with the Engineering, Design, and Product teams to ensure that the Product Roadmap is aligned with the needs of users. Another part of your role will be to develop a vibrant community of users that connects with the open source community of agent-based modelers. As a key contributor within an early stage startup, you will own the user experience and will serve as an evangelist for agent-based simulation across disciplines.
We acknowledge this job spans the work of 3 roles and are looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to get in at the beginning of building the user experience of our platform. Once you’ve demonstrated your ability to engage users and prove to be a cultural fit with the team, we plan to build a team around you to support the demands of the user success and education functions. You will have the opportunity to grow with the company as an individual contributor or manager upon the successful execution of your responsibilities. Given we are an early stage startup, you can also expect that your responsibilities will grow as we gain traction with customers.
- Streamline the user journey.
- Solicit and document feedback from trial and paid users.
- Develop user success best practices.
- Provide feedback from users on the usability and new features to the Product team.
- Own all parts of our training curriculum to enable users to become successful ABM practitioners; this includes creating models, written tutorials, and videos.
- Interface with academic and open source ABM communities and grow the community of Epistemix Platform users by driving engagement.
- Provide users with the tools they need to contribute to the Community Model Library.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to ensure the best user experience for paying customers.
- Oversee all training, onboarding, and certification programs.
- Key metrics you will influence will include:
- Decreasing time from onboarding to becoming an engaged user
- Increasing conversion rates from trial users to paid users
- Increasing the number of models in the community library
- Increasing academic and research partnerships
- Empathy for users trying to learn a new programming language.
- Motivated to grow a community of users to improve decision making across social, health, economic, and environmental policies.
- Curious about agent based modeling and synthetic data applications.
- Past successes growing a community of users and/or developing a user journey for a simulation, data science, or machine learning product.
- Excel in a work environment where you have to be execution oriented while contributing to the strategic thinking of the company.
- Experience working with simulation, data science, or machine learning products.
- Experience delivering technical training to users via in-person and asynchronous formats.
Start Date: Immediate
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume to apply.